Saturday, January 17, 2009

My school update


So I met with my academic advisor to see how far I am (offically) at getting my Associates degree. I'm trying to figure out a plan that would suit me best on getting my goals accomplished. Apparently the last Pyschology class I took (Interpersonal relationships) didn't fulfil my social science catagory. I need to take classes from 2 different sub-sections from social sciences, so it's kind of a bugger. So I think I'll go into either an Anthropology or a Sociology class. I still need a Humanities/Creative art credit from another category I haven't taken like dancing, theater, foreign language, leterature, or music. I'm having a hard time figuring that one out. Then last of all I need the last section (c: spreadsheets) of computer literacy, which I think I'll try to test out of. Other than that I think I'll take the Pathophysiology that is a prerequisit for almost all the Nursing programs. I was able to get a "academic renewal" and take off the UW (unoffical withdrawl) I got from my Introduction to University class I took 8 years ago, but I'll have to wait another 3 weeks for it to become offical on my transcript. Other then that I think I'm going to submit an application for the PN (Practical Nursing) program over at the DATC for the Spring semester. That way I won't have to wait until the following fall semester for the Weberstate program, and they have a continuation into the RN Program with WeberState, which you won't have to compete for. I got an absolute yes to use 2 of my 3 professors as references, the last one has just been really busy. But I'm not on too much of a time crunch because the application for the nursing program for the spring semester at the DATC isn't open until April through June. Anyway that might seem like some boring stuff, but It's taken a bit to figure out. Oh and I still need to renew my CNA license. Hopefully that won't be too hard.

2 comments:

mommy princess said...

Good luck with everything you have left. I think its dumb how your going into nursing and they make you waste your time and money on a stupid Humanities credit. I mean that's fine if it's something you want to take or need for your career, but come on people. They don't perform live theater in the hospital. Your a trooper and I really have to hand it to you for sticking to your schooling with everything else you juggle. Your an amazing woman! BTW I totally know how you feel about Amelia. My Todd is exactly the same way. He's my hardest one for sure.The key is to focus on the possitive things and try and turn their weeknesses into strengths. For example Todd can't hold still for a second he's always running, jumping and climbing everywhere. So I always tell him how great he's going to be at sports or rock climbing you know whatever thing is a more possitive outlet than jumping on the furniture or digging holes in the sheet rock in the toy room. lol Our strong spirited kids are a challenge alright, but just think if we can point them in the right direction they're going to be great leaders someday. Good luck with everything. Hope to see you sooner than later. :)

Kemp Family said...

Well the humanities credit is for my Associates. The thing that does bother me is that I need an Associates to get another Associates in Nursing. Oh, well I'll just do what I have to do. Thanks for the tips. Zander was also this way, but didn't advance physically this early.