Tuesday, January 6, 2009

AHHHHHHHH... SCHOOL COSTS!!! $$$$$$

So I started school this Spring semester. I'm taking Math 1050... again, since I didn't pass last semester (suck!), Chemistry 1110, and Microbiology 1330. It seems like only 3 classes, but it's a full schedule with Math being 4 credits (4 hours a week), Chemistry 5 Credits (which isn't accurate, should be like 7 credits since the labs last longer than an hour) and Microbiology 3 credits, so that makes 12 credit hours. This is going to be probably the most difficult semester I've had yet. The syllabuses are full of work in all classes, and I'm going to have to apply myself more religiously to my math class, because I am NOT retaking it AGAIN!!! So yeah, this is quite the book bag full, again I'll remind you this is just for 3 classes. But at least I'll only have to lug around 3 of them since the microbiology is online. I'm hoping that I'll do ok with taking that online, but it looks like the professor is recommending that I read the entire chapter and take really good notes. Yes soooo I'm ranting, rant rant rant...... rant! I'm hoping that it's more just anxiety that's making it look worse in my mind, and that it really won't be that bad. I will just keep telling myself that it's just 3 months, it's just 3 months, it's just 3 months. And the total to these books is.......
Yes, that is the real cost, the actual reciept. That is not your imagination. The bad part(s) I bought the chemistry book used (the other 2 I could not, they're work books). The math book is not included because I'm reusing that from last semester which cost $150 at the time, and I still have to buy lab fees, safety goggles, and a couple of notebooks since both my classes have desks so small that there's not enough room to put my folder down, but maybe 5/8s of an open book which means I'll have to work with my notebook on top. I love learning, but sometimes you have to wonder if there's a conspiracy, and that they test you to wean out the weak. You know, survival of the fitest... It's just 3 months, it's just 3 months, it's just 3 months.
I also need to get together with the Nursing department and get things going so that I can become eligible for requirements to get in. Which also means that I have to renew my CNA (retake the tests) and get I think 20 hours under my belt (even though I spent 3 1/2 years working as one).
The good news....drum roll please.... I only have 3 more classes after this semester to get my Associates in Gen Ed (general education), though I have to double check with my Advisor, and I'll be that much closer to my goal.

No comments: