Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

Mom's still being pretty forgetful, so we didn't get as many pictures of Christmas as I had hoped for. This is the Christmas tree set up. The toys the kids get from Santa Claus remained unwrapped, which I'm kinda wondering if it's a good idea, it saves on the cost of wrapping, but the kids, well the younger ones, don't really have any interest in opening the others. The boys got a geocities remote control trains (bemote as Zander calls it) with trax. Faith got a fisher price camera (since she keeps stealing ours), and Amelia got a baby doll. See I told you they didn't really want to open the others, though this was the picture we took before we got distracted helping the kids open the rest.
Faith got this stoller from Santa (a fold-up umbrella one). Since she was nice enough to give her other set to a family in need. This was great cause it helped someone else out and freed up some much needed space.
This is when mommy and Millie were ready to get going and do our "rounds" with the family. For Christmas our rituals include going to the Hansen family Christmas party that's earlier in december and doing a Nativity with the younger kids, I again forgot my camera so we didn't get any photos, I'll have to see if my cousins got any. On Christmas Eve my dad has reserved that time with us and we have dinner and hang out. On Christmas day we took our time in the morning, had Dinner at my Rawson Grandparents around 2pm and open presents there, then head over to Gaven's Aeschilmann Grandparents for goodies and more presents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun Christmas. Having small kids is the best on Christmas morning!

LIZ said...

You know we do the same thing with the gifts from Santa and my girls weren't that interested in opening the other ones either. Oh, well!

Glad to see that you had a great Christmas. I hope your New Years brings much Joy and Happiness!