Friday, August 29, 2008

Playing at the Park

It's one of the things I'm trying to do to keep bonded to my kids. I notice that when we're at home I'm usually too busy to do things with them like laudry, dishes, homework, lawn care, and on the computer. So I thought that if I could get away from these distractions that we could spend quality time together, make some memories, and get some exercise.
This actually works really well in many different ways. I can use this as a positive reinforcement for being nice to each other, and like I said we get some quality time together, some good exercise in, and if we do it not too long before bed, well it helps them get to bed earlier and sleep better.
After all I need to make these memories. I need to cherish these moments, and make moments while I have time to make them. Soon they will be older and not wish to be hanging out with their mommy so much. I don't want to regret not taking the time to have been able to enjoy them while their still small enough to think that I'm their hero, that I'm strong and wise, and they want to be like me. These don't last forever.
To think that my oldest is now 5 years old, that I am struggling to remember what life was like with just her to remember her first ways of thinking and doing things. But then to remember that I have 3 others that I am struggling to remember there first smiles, crawls, talking, laughing, and little quirks that started them to other ones.
But to know that those days I helped make stand out in those memories, and to have the pictures to reminisque on.
I do have regrets. I try not to think of them often, but I also keep them close as a reminder to try to not make anymore regrets and to not take anything else for granted, and do those things that are worth while in doing and not let time go by just living a defaulted life, but one that I know I could make the most from. One that not only I could remember, enjoy, and keep close, but ones that my family could keep close to them as well.

No comments: